Landlord’s Cover


Landlords need specific landlord insurance
Normal home insurance isn’t designed for landlords and their rental properties so may not pay for claims such as burst water pipes or accidental damage caused by tenants.
This means YOU could end up spending money putting things right if something goes wrong.
To ensure you are fully protected, it is recommended that you purchase landlord insurance, which provides the right protection and additional cover you need as standard.

Standard landlord insurance includes:

A range of protection including buildings cover as well as public and property owners’ liability up to £2m.
Contents only cover for landlords with leasehold properties, such as flats, where the buildings insurance may already be arranged by a freehold management company.
Alternative accommodation costs following an insured event, for example a flood or fire (up to 20% of the rebuild value of your property).
Glass and locks replacement.
Accidental damage to your property.

Landlord’s Rent Guarantee
Protecting your investment. Do you ever worry that your tenant may struggle to pay their rent?
Despite being very careful when selecting your tenant, unexpected problems can still happen.
Landlord’s Rent Guarantee will help to ease your financial burden whilst the problems are resolved.
This insurance will cover the cost of legal fees should you need to evict your tenant whilst also making a payment to you to cover lost rent for a predetermined number of months.
You may be in the unfortunate position of having a tenant who is unable to pay their rent for a variety of reasons.

Not only might you suffer a shortfall in rental income you may also incur legal costs if a tenancy agreement is breached. Disputes can happen between landlords and tenants for a number of reasons and if legal action is necessary to resolve the issues, it can be costly.

Letting a residential property presents its own unique set of challenges. Whether you are covering the building or the belongings within, as a residential landlord or buy-to-let owner you’ll be concerned with getting the right cover for your property or portfolio.

PT Insurance is a trading style of Personal Touch Mortgages (Lincs) Ltd, who act as a credit broker not a lender.